Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Stuff

I've been away from the blog for a few days, obviously, so what's been happening?

Susan's move-in is complete, with no further "mishaps," and I have finished my last-ever freelance assignment. Yesterday, I officially accepted the jobby-job. I start next Monday. It's been a while since I had a nine-to-five.

To celebrate, Susan bought me an alarm clock. One of those old-fashioned kinds, with the bells on top, and no snooze button. If that doesn't get me up, I know someone who's foot probably will....

Anway, on to bloggy stuff.

I found an interesting blog while surfing around, called
Independence Lost. It's got sort of an interesting premise; tries to be neither right nor left, and tried to talk about ways in which "We, the People" can re-assert our independence from a government that is, at best, non-responsive, and at worst, failing us badly.

Here is a very good post from there,
about the city of Detroit. Read it all; it's an eye-opener.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

yay for no more "mishaps" and good luck at the Jobby-job. I love those old fashioned alarm clocks and they are loud as hell!!!

August 7, 2007 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

woohoo good luck with the job dude!

August 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger carl r said...

Beth:
That's the kind of clock. And it really is loud. Even loud enough to wake me up.

Woman:
Thanks

August 8, 2007 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congrats!

Oh, so you have a difficult time leaving the land of sleep too? I have an alarm clock that sounds like a fire engine. I have to keep it on the other side of the room just to make me get out of bed, lol.

I think Michael (Oleh) wrote that post about Detroit; very good commentary, scary but true!

August 9, 2007 at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home