Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Busy Week

I haven't posted in a week, but it's been a busy week.

I'm a freelance marketing writer, and I just landed a big project. This'll show ya, Mom! I don't really want to give details, because I don't want this blog to become all about work, but I really am pretty excited about this.

I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of the month, and my new table was finally delivered. Yay! No more eating Chinese take-out on the couch... My girlfriend is thrilled.

And speaking of my girlfriend, she wants to move in with me, now that I am no longer encumbered by roommates. I can't deny that a double income and a single domicile will make us both far more comfortable, but I also have to say that I was sort of looking forward to having my own bachelor pad for a while....

Still, I don't think I'll tell her 'no.' I know that she'll see this a step towards marriage, and while I'm not ready for that yet, I can't think of anyone else I'd ever consider.

In other words, she'll be moving in when her lease is up, in two weeks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Thanks for the visit, and good luck to you with the girlfriend, although as someone who has been there and done that, I would advise you to be careful if you're not looking to get married yet. Things can get messy.

Of course, you know what they say about opinions... Everyone has one, so take it for what it's worth! ;)

July 17, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks for visitin my site and come again~!

July 17, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger nanc said...

be careful and establish some ground rules beforehand - brooke's right - it can and usually does get messy.

July 18, 2007 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Wow, that will be a new chapter for you. There will be issues, there always are, just take them one at a time and communicate unambigously.

July 18, 2007 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger carl r said...

Thanks for coming by here.
I'll remember what you said about having Susan move in...

July 18, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home