Sunday, April 13, 2008

Up Early on a Sunday, Again

This is usual for me, since I've never really liked sleeping late. I've never really been able to sleep late. Susan is still out,and I can hear her snoring while I type. We had a good week.

We met each other 3 years ago, last Thursday, so this past Thursday went out for dinner. We chose pretty ritzy seafood place, one that requires a jacket and tie, and we had fun dressing up. I have a black suit I like, with a silver-gray shirt and a black silk tie, and I thought I looked pretty sharp until I saw Susan. She wore a brown dress, that looked simple, but wasn't. It had an inner strapless sheath that clung, but still hid, and outer translucent layer that covered without covering, and she'd let her hair down. It's almost waist length, big, red, and frizzy, and she usually keeps in a braid or a bun, or even a braided bun. She wore her contacts instead of her glasses, and she has the most amazing light brown eyes... She was beautiful that night, even more beautiful that when we met.

I called the restaurant in ahead of time, to order dinner and desert in advance. She was pretty impressed when I gave the maitre'd my name, and our table was already set, and dinner arrived just as we sat down. We were in a little alcove near the side of the dining room, with a fishtank on either side of us. It was a good effect, I think. And now that I've gotten all mushy.....

I'm gonna go make French toast. I make some great french toast. The secret is to use a sourdough bread, cut in thick slices, and to add cinnamon, nutmeg and milk to the eggs. I'm up very early enough, so I'll go buy the bread at a bakery I know, while it's still warm. This'll be a good day for breakfast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I saw my wife. She was wearing her Navy "whites B" for women officers, looked mighty good in them, too.

April 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, it's been a long time since you posted. Are you doing all right?

April 30, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home