Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ruminations

It's far to early in the morning, I woke up almost an hour ago, and I can't get back to sleep. I've put by briefcase (OK, backpack) together for work, but I don't have to leave for another 3 hours or so. And you can only read the newspaper so many times, can't you?

I don't think that this has anything to do with my brother; it's just that bit of insomnia I get sometimes. I don't like sleeping pills, and I can't drink warm milk (I hate milk), so I just deal with it. I'll sleep well tomorrow, if past patterns mean anything.

So now I'm on the computer, updating my comments and doing a little bit of blogging. Susan and I went out to see "The Mist" on Sunday, and man, that was one freaky movie. Almost as good as the story. I won't give a spoiler, but the ending was pretty horrific, even though you could see it coming from a mile away.

I think I'll go make pancakes. Y'all have probably noticed this, but a lot of my blog features whatever I'm cooking. I like to cook. And Susan likes to eat what I cook. If we're still slim at 35, I'll be shocked.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

The Mist is on my list! You know, I had that early-rise thing happen twice last week. It was 3am and I woke up and was ready to go. Luckily it was not consecutive nights!

December 19, 2007 at 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl, you might try Excedrin PM. It will make you sleep but it isn't habit forming. I use it and it hasn't done me in yet.

December 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger blank said...

Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear about your brother. Perhaps he wasn't really a black sheep -- perhaps he simply swam upstream in a downstream world until he found himself completely exhausted.

I hope your sleep improves soon. Holidays are always hard after we lose someone close to us -- I wish you and family the best possible holiday, and personal peace.

December 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to have you blogging more. it always helps me at least.

take it easy carl. there's not much else you can do but just hang in.

December 19, 2007 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Bald Headed Geek said...

Carl, I hadn't checked your blog out in a while (sorry about that), and just saw that your brother committed suicide. Please accept my deepest sympathies, and I hope that you resume blogging again sometime soon.

BHG

February 20, 2008 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Essentially Me said...

Hey I hope you're doing well.

March 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home