Sunday, April 6, 2008

Waking up Early

I'm up early today, which isn't unusual for me, it might have something to do with the sleep problems I've mentioned here before, but anyway, what of it? So I'm up early, and doing some blogging.

It's cool and rainy today, but Susan and I are planning on taking our roller blades out to a park and skating around anyway. I think we'll take a picnic lunch, too. I'm sure we'll be able to find a gazebo or some other fairly dry place to eat.

Kingsford is rubbing my feet, and trying to pounce on them. He's a charcoal gray tabby kitten that Sue fell in love with about a month ago. For some reason, he's taken more of a liking to me than to her. She's not amused.

On my last post, I talked about Iraq. I think most Americans have something to say about that; it's an issue that has hit most of us pretty closely.

I think today I'll talk about candidates. The primaries have done their job, and narrowed a wide field down to three. The Republicans are pretty much closing ranks around John McCain, even though some of them have to close their noses to do it. I rather respect McCain; he's got a reputation for straight talking, which is refreshing in a politician, and he's definitely shown his loyalty to the country.

The Democrats are beating themselves up over Obama and Clinton. I'll admit; I was partial to Bill Richardson or John Edwards as the primary season began, but I really don't know who I'll vote for now. I don't like Clinton. I lost all respect for her when she didn't divorce Bill. With all of the infidelity cheating that came out about that man, you'd think anyone with an ounce of self-respect would have left him.


Obama strikes me as an empty suit. What has he said? He's for change. He's for unity. He's for progress. Very nice; now maybe he could put together some actual policy statements?

I'm 26 years old. I turned 18 in 1999, and voted for Gore and Kerry. Possibly, I'm a knee-jerk Democrat. But I don't trust either front runner right now, from the party I would gravitate to, and I'm thinking I'll just hold my nose and vote McCain. He's a (gag) trickle down economics man, but he's told us the truth about Iraq, and his views are easy to figure out. Unlike Obama, he doesn't vote "present" in the Senate.

Are those the best reasons to make a choice? I don't know. But I do know that sitting out an election negates one's right to bitch about it afterwards, so....

And that's what happens when I wake up early. I'm going to go make some French toast, and have breakfast in bed with my lovely fiancee. It's a beautiful day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Its difficult choice when you look at the options; I waver back and forth between the two (Clinton has always been so much press foder to me).

Maybe I'll vote for Kingsford.

April 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

enjoy the day Carl!!

April 6, 2008 at 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Carl. I held my nose and voted for Bush, and look at what happened then! I can't vote for McCain, since he felt compelled to run down the South and white Southerners to garner the Al Sharpton vote.

April 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home